Thursday, April 24, 2025

The New Pope vs. Mrs. Ritter

Your Champion
The New Pope
(Eurotrip)

VS

Your Challenger
Mrs. Ritter
(The Pope of Greenwich Village)

The Case for The New Pope (2):
"Oh no, it's okay, I'm Catholic."
"Cooper, take it off, goddammit!"
*Awkward look towards crucifix*

The Case for Mrs. Ritter:
Geraldine Page, who plays Mrs. Ritter, received an Oscar nomination for this role - the bulk of which is in this scene. Having just lost her son, and in no mood for the perceived shakedown from the police, she lets them know she is not someone to mess with.


The Score:  The New Pope 5, Mrs. Ritter 1

Have a suggestion?  Read the rules and send me an email!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Lied to You vs. Baraka Battle

Your Champion I Lied to You ( Sinners ) VS Your Challenger Baraka Battle ( Mortal Kombat II ) The Case for I Lied to You (1) : "Blues w...