Thursday, July 2, 2026

Deep Moaning Blues vs. First Contact

Your Champion
Deep Moaning Blues
(Ma Rainey's Black Bottom)

VS

Your Challenger
First Contact
(Monsters vs. Aliens)

The Case for Deep Moaning Blues (1):
As Ma Rainey (Viola Davis, singing voice Maxayn Lewis) sings, Levee (Chadwick Boseman) steps forward and ever-so-briefly steals the spotlight, to the shock of the band and the appalled Ma Rainey.

The Case for First Contact:
President Hathaway (Stephen Colbert) attempts to communicate with the alien ship via music and it doesn't go quite as well as he hoped.


The Score:  First Contact 7, Deep Moaning Blues 5

Have a suggestion?  Read the rules and send me an email!  Also be sure to check out the Hall of Fame to see retired scenes and who they defeated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Lied to You vs. Baraka Battle

Your Champion I Lied to You ( Sinners ) VS Your Challenger Baraka Battle ( Mortal Kombat II ) The Case for I Lied to You (1) : "Blues w...